MORE ABOUT THE 2018 REFRACTION
Slingshot team rider Sam Light is a globetrotting master of all conditions, and he designed his signature pro model to be the only board he needs, no matter where he’s going. Whether he’s competing for the coveted Triple-S crown (which he has won four years straight), Magalooping at the King of the Air, freeriding in the nuclear winds of Hood River or cruising the cable park on a windless day, the Refraction is Sam’s Swiss Army knife.
- Built for competition-level kicker, slider and wakestyle riding
- Extra thick Durasurf base can take a major beating
- Medium rocker, stiff flex dialed for hard-charging riders
- Solid crossover cable park board
- Tip and tail channels allow smooth pressing and clean release
- Lively and durable wood-core construction with urethane rail
A proper base thickness is an important detail in selecting the board that’s best for you, and we offer something for everyone in our 2018 lineup. A thick layup will give more durability for kickers, sliders, rails and other hard objects, while a thinner layup means less overall weight.
Slingshot twin tips are hand crafted out of all wood cores. We use sustainably grown Paulownia, which gives the lively, springy character that Slingshot boards are famous for. Our vertically laminated construction harnesses the collect strength of the wood’s grain and provides strength, durability and consistent flex over the life of the board.
As an added layer of protection, we finish every board with a full urethane rail to protect from inevitable mishaps and impacts with hard objects. We’ve added vibrant urethan colors give the visual pop distinct to Slingshot.