Product Tester with a Marketing Brain Department:
Design & Supply AND Marketing
This position is located in Hood River, Oregon and will serve all 7-Nation Brands (primarily: Slingshot Sports and Ride Engine). Expert
level kitesurfing skills are required for the product testing responsibilities of this position.
This is a unique position that works between two of our biggest and most important departments: Design & Supply (D&S) and Marketing. D&S is responsible for the design, testing, and manufacturing of our products. Marketing is our brand’s voice to the World and is responsible for all marketing aspects related to the products we sell. Main Design & Supply Duties:
Main Marketing Duties:-Communicating Product Unique Selling Propositions (USPs) internally to Brand Managers, Sales, and Marketing -Developing and writing product copy – according to brand narrative and style guide - in effort to promote and sell products to the targeted consumers -Managing and reporting product specs and details to both Marketing and D&S departments -Communicating products USPs externally to dealers, distributors, and media partners -Identifying strong/stable/weak products and communicating the vision to improve positioning-Strong Microsoft Office skills with understanding of Excel -Identifying and communicating market/product trends to Brand Managers, Sales, and Marketing -Attending and assisting photo/video shoots and tradeshows
- -Working closely with the Research and Innovation Department Chief Designer and Developers
- -Product testing and feedback via recording system that tracks and records dates, times, number of hours of use, and equipment performance results
- -Managing beta test team and documenting feedback
- -Competitive landscape reviews including in-depth research and testing of competing products
- -Maintain, repair, and modify test equipment as needed to keep in good working order
- -Managing R&D inventory
-Strong work ethic and innate desire to make best-in-class and innovative products -Excellent problem-solving skills -Impeccable written and verbal communication skills -High degree of organizational detail and focus -Continual improvement mindset -Ability to work productively without a lot of oversight -2+ years of experience in the kiteboarding industry -EXPERT kiteboarding skills -Willingness to work outside normal 8-5pm hours and/or weekends when necessary to meet deadlines, and to conduct testing in all weather conditions -Ability to travel when necessary -High school diploma/GED
This is a full-time salaried position competitive benefits package including medical, vision, dental, company retirement program & vacation package. We are an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace. Salary DOE
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary history/requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: A/R Specialist
Reports to: Controller
General Descripton of Position:
Slingshot Sports, a fast-paced international sporting goods company in Hood River, OR, is seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join their growing team!
The stuff that sets you apart:
You are a cool-headed cat that handles the responsibility of collection activities with a smooth flair. Your A/R know-how allows you to post payments, make collection calls and broker payment plans with customers. Playing well with others is important and you will work with sales and other departments providing prompt and kind follow-up to client inquiries. Each role at Slingshot is a vital line that helps support our whole team.
Duties include but not limit to:
- -Manage USA Accounts Receivable
- -Approve Daily Sales Orders
- -Daily Invoicing
- -Establish, managing and maintain customer credit
- -Daily reconciliation of credit card receivables
- -Daily A/R customer communication
- -Assist in A/P - sort, code and match invoices
Successful candidate will have:-Knowledge of general accounting procedures -Strong communication, phone & customer service skills -Proven attention to detail -Strong organizational skills a must -Ability to prioritize -Strong Microsoft Office skills with understanding of Excel -Self Starter -Team Player -Thrives in fast paced environment -Can manage multiple tasks -Bonus for Netsuite experience
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, vision, dental, company retirement program & vacation package. We are an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace. Salary DOE
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary history/requirements to email@example.com
Title: Industrial Designer/Product Designer
Reports to: Design & Supply Department Manager
Departments supported: Design & Supply, Sales & Marketing
Key responsibility: Execute design solutions for problems of form, usability, physical ergonomics, marketing, brand development and showroom polish.
Job purpose and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- -Work closely with Sales & Marketing, R&D teams and Brand Managers to execute on product design and art direction.
- -Industrial design: Use of both applied art and applied science to improve the aesthetics, ergonomics, functionality, and/or usability of our products.
- -Inspire and collaborate to produce inventive, thoughtful, cost-effective and relevant results.
- -Take an active role in concept sessions with cross-department teams.
- -Communicate creative strategies, product concepts and consumer insights.
- -Demonstrate how design objectives enhance the usability and marketability of a product.
- -Support all aspects of design and production, focusing on innovation and quality.
- -Cultivate a deep understanding of the latest applied and material sciences.
- -Work with product team and suppliers to identify and select innovative materials and develop new components as needed.
- -Create illustrations and technical drawings for new design concepts and digital renderings detailing concept, materials and development specifications.
- -Understand and work within project parameters: product goals and requirements, internal goals, technical constraints, budget guidelines and production schedules.
- -Manage multiple design projects from conceptualization to finished product, adhering to calendar deadlines.
- -Cultivate an understanding of industry trends and share insights with the company.
- -Ensure projects follow ‘Style Guide’ and ‘Brand Positioning’ guidelines.
- -Undergraduate degree in design, industrial design and/or related degree or equivalent professional experience.
- -Minimum 2-5 years of experience in hard and soft good creation. Sporting Goods industry preferred.
- -Knowledge of manufacturing processes and other related engineering concepts.Intention to continue self-education and enhance skillset.
- -Cross-platform knowledge required; ability to work in Rhino, AutoCAD, Solid works, 3D rendering and 3D printing software a plus.
- -Ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, 3D CAD, 3D modeling, 3D Rendering and 3D Printing software.
- -Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.Detailed oriented, flexible, self-motivated and ability to deliver high quality results on-time.
- -Team player: able to foster and build a dynamic team-oriented environment.Innate desire to experiment with new tools and techniques to improve work results.
- -Results-driven: Rigorously holds self and department accountable for achieving high levels of performance.
- -Self-starter: A high achiever who thrives on a challenge and is comfortable with being measured on results.
- -Must have a passport and be willing to travel around the world to work directly on factory floors as well as our Hood River headquarters.
- -Kudos for sporting industry background/experience.
- -Full-time benefitted position with competitive salary
- -Paid Vacation (PTO)
- -Group health, vision, and dental insurance
- -Employee gear account
- -401K matching option
- -Office location in downtown Hood River
ABOUT SLINGSHOT SPORTS
Can we be done trying to go the fastest or get the highest? Can life stop being one big contest of outdoing and one-upping? We never signed up for that. We aren’t in it to win it. We’re just in it. So let’s take a ride in a bear suit, wakeboard behind a horse, or kill a windless afternoon with a piece of cardboard and a grassy hill. Let’s build a boat out of milk jugs and water bottles, SUP our way down a Class III rapid or see what happens when we bolt a wing to the bottom of our kiteboard. While it’s sure to have its twists and turns, detours and dead ends, never be afraid of the road less perfect. It’s the only road that ever led to anything worth doing.
Ask almost any athlete why they ride, and it won’t be for the awards. They aren’t looking to be measured or scored, ranked or timed. They aren’t in it to conquer anything. They’re in it for the ride, the challenge and the rush of finding their own way and doing something no one else has done before. While we’ve had more than our fair share of kiteboarding world championships and trips to the podium, it’s never been about that - they are just cool bi-products of an idea to do something new and different.
Back In The Day
Founded in 1999 by brothers Jeff and Tony Logosz, Slingshot Sports has always been about tinkering, exploring and finding the next great adventure. Growing up around the ski slopes of Utah, Jeff and Tony were on a constant search for their next rush of adrenaline. No matter where you were around their property, there was always some crazy shit going down. “We were mad scientists of weird boards and weird shapes, human CNC machines. Every once in a while we found something that really worked. It has come such a long way, but at the same time... nothing has changed.”- Tony Logosz.
Fast forward to today. Jeff and Tony instill that same spirit in the entire crew at Slingshot. We continue to experiment with new shapes, new toys and new technologies - all in an effort to find the next great adventure.
Keep up with the adventure by following our BLOG at http://blog.slingshotsports.com