Graphic and Production Designer
An integral part of the Marketing Team, the Graphic and Production Designer executes on design projects for all 7-Nation Brands (Slingshot Sports and Ride Engine).
Ask almost any athlete why they ride, and it won’t be for the awards. They aren’t looking to be measured or scored, ranked or timed. They aren’t in it to conquer anything. They’re in it for the ride, the challenge and the rush of finding their own way and doing something no one else has done before. While we’ve had more than our fair share of world championships and trips to the podium, it’s never been about that - they are just cool bi-products of an idea to do something new and different. Come join the team that brings those ideas to life!
Location: Hood River, OR Responsibilities:
- -Inspire and collaborate with your co-workers to produce inventive, thoughtful, relevant and on-brand work for our industry.
- -Support all aspects of design and production with quality on-time deliverables.
- -Understand and work within project parameters: product goals and requirements, internal goals, style guides, technical constraints, as well as budgets and scheduling.
- -Experiment with new tools and techniques to improve work product.
- -Follow brand guidelines; ensure consistent branding throughout product lines and marketing materials.
- -Collaborate with local and international departments, printers, photographers, agencies and retailers.
- -Delegate creative work to contract designers and artists.
- -Work closely with the Sales, Product Development, Marketing and Brand Managers to execute on the creative strategy of our brands.
- -Develop custom designs for specific markets, retailers and events.
- -Manage Product (studio) photo shoots.
- -Clipping and color correcting product images.
- -Develop and design assets for social media and web communications.
- -Maintain graphics, typography, and photography libraries.
- -Manage online sharing platform for all design assets.
- -Manage conception and execution of all design collateral, including catalogs, sales tech sheets, print advertising, trade show and event build outs, apparel, board graphics, product studio photography, and internal/external communications media.
- -3+ years of experience (minimum)
- -Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Bridge, Light Room, After Effects, and font management software
- -Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- -Excellent organization and time management skills
- -Initiative, sincerity and self-motivation
- -Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- -Results and deadline driven with a strong desire for success
- -The ability to work successfully in a team and under pressure
- -Ability to work independently and with high intensity for long periods
- -Strong attention to detail, communication and follow-up skills
- -Studio photography skills a plus
- -Industry experience and/or familiarity with our sports a huge plus
- -Hood River Office (post COVID)
- -Paid Time Off (PTO) + Paid Holidays
- -Group Health, Dental & Vision
- -Long-Term Disability & Life Insurance
- -Company sponsored 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match
- -Sports equipment account
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Slingshot Sports, LLC (7-Nation) is an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT SLINGSHOT SPORTS
Can we be done trying to go the fastest or get the highest? Can life stop being one big contest of outdoing and one-upping? We never signed up for that. We aren’t in it to win it. We’re just in it. So let’s take a ride in a bear suit, wakeboard behind a horse, or kill a windless afternoon with a piece of cardboard and a grassy hill. Let’s build a boat out of milk jugs and water bottles, SUP our way down a Class III rapid or see what happens when we bolt a wing to the bottom of our kiteboard. While it’s sure to have its twists and turns, detours and dead ends, never be afraid of the road less perfect. It’s the only road that ever led to anything worth doing.
Ask almost any athlete why they ride, and it won’t be for the awards. They aren’t looking to be measured or scored, ranked or timed. They aren’t in it to conquer anything. They’re in it for the ride, the challenge and the rush of finding their own way and doing something no one else has done before. While we’ve had more than our fair share of kiteboarding world championships and trips to the podium, it’s never been about that - they are just cool bi-products of an idea to do something new and different.
Back In The Day
Founded in 1999 by brothers Jeff and Tony Logosz, Slingshot Sports has always been about tinkering, exploring and finding the next great adventure. Growing up around the ski slopes of Utah, Jeff and Tony were on a constant search for their next rush of adrenaline. No matter where you were around their property, there was always some crazy shit going down. “We were mad scientists of weird boards and weird shapes, human CNC machines. Every once in a while we found something that really worked. It has come such a long way, but at the same time... nothing has changed.”- Tony Logosz.
Fast forward to today. Jeff and Tony instill that same spirit in the entire crew at Slingshot. We continue to experiment with new shapes, new toys and new technologies - all in an effort to find the next great adventure.
Keep up with the adventure by following our BLOG at http://blog.slingshotsports.com